As our country continues to undergo efforts to battle COVID-19 and deal with its affects, be assured that Brothers Fire & Security remains committed to keep your business and people safe. We are an essential business here in Minnesota and remain open and on-the-job to serve you – 24/7.
We always put safety first. As the CDC makes updates, Brothers Fire & Security is responding and incorporating important safety protocol for our staff and customers, including:
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPEs)
- Social distancing
- Hand washing
- Sanitizing tools and materials
Let’s face it, what used to be routine, simply isn’t anymore. So much has changed so quickly. If there have been any changes to your business, then your fire and security needs will have likely changed as well. It’s important to keep your systems updated and functioning, so they might need to be beefed up. I compiled some questions and issues to consider as you evaluate your systems.
- Are the person or people responsible for opening and/or closing still the same?
- Have your staff’s hours changed?
- Have staff taken on different roles or multiple roles based on your current and changing situation?
- Does your current staff know how to access your fire and security systems and how to operate them?
- Are there different or new people who now have access (or don’t)? I recommend deleting those who don’t need access.
- Are the access hours still relevant to the hours that your business is open (or not open)?
- Is your staff working different hours or days that may change their access hours?
- Staff who work remotely may not need access.
- Do the cameras cover the areas that need to be covered based on your current status, hours, people, etc.? You may need to reposition cameras or add a few if there is an altered traffic pattern or your business is temporarily closed.
- Check your security cameras outside and make sure they are working.
- Check your recording mechanisms to make sure they are recording.
- Now is a good time to add software that allows you to remotely access your cameras.
- Is the plan you have still current?
- Who is responsible for activating a safety plan in an emergency?
- Are the people who are assigned key roles still the people who need to be assigned?
- Is your current staff cross-trained on fire and safety processes to respond effectively during an emergency?
If you’re not sure your systems are set correctly for your current needs, no problem—Brothers Fire & Security is here to help. We will assess your needs based on your business’ challenges and changes. Our goal is that you will be prepared for any safety and security issue. We want you to be confident that your business and people are safe during this unprecedented and challenging time.
About Brothers Fire & Security
As one of the premier providers of fire and security solutions in the Upper Midwest, Brothers Fire & Security strives to build long-term, value-added relationships. We work with business owners and property management companies, as well as all types of public institutions to solve fire and security needs. By taking advantage of our integrated bundled services, many of our clients find that they can save 25-30% on their safety services, annual inspections and more. From a single location to franchises throughout the region and the country, our integrated approach saves our clients valuable time, money and stress. We provide fire protection systems, security systems, fire sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, 24-7 monitoring, fire extinguishers, card access and kitchen hoods. And coming soon, our new Online Academy: Life Safety — Made Simple with eLearning courses designed to help you get and keep your staff trained and your business fire and security code compliant.