April 15, 2018, Minneapolis, Minnesota:
The dust has settled on the tax season and you’re breathing a sigh of relief—or scratching your head wondering what you can do to improve the bottom line. Now is the time to look for ways to lower expenses, streamline budgets, and effectively manage risk that will make a positive difference at tax time next year.
One way is to look at your fire and security systems. Are you getting the most out of them? Technology is constantly changing and there are new upgrades all the time. Also, old systems can put your buildings and its people at risk, and raise your insurance rates.
TIP THE TAX SCALES IN YOUR FAVOR
If a fire and security system upgrade is needed, here are suggestions that may benefit your tax situation.
- Include an upgrade in your budget.
- Take advantage of potential financing options. Local municipalities sometimes offer loans for building improvements. Check with your city, county, and state governments for loan or grant opportunities.
- Schedule annual inspections of all your fire and security equipment and systems before the end of the year.
- Let your business insurance carrier know that you’re upgrading your systems and that you’d like to review policy costs and coverage.
- Make sure that your accountant keeps track of your fire and security services and equipment purchases so you can take advantage of all of your expenses for the 2018 tax cycle.
If your systems are outdated or not meeting the growing needs of your business, call Brothers Fire & Security for a free consultation to make sure you have what you need today and as your business grows.
ABOUT BROTHERS FIRE & SECURITY
As one of the premier providers of fire and security solutions in the Upper Midwest, Brothers Fire & Security strives to build long-term, value-added relationships. We work with business owners and property management companies, as well as all types of public institutions to solve fire and security needs. By taking advantage of our integrated bundled services, many of our clients find that they can save 25-30% on their safety services, annual inspections and more. From a single location to franchises throughout the region and the country, our integrated approach saves our clients valuable time, money and stress. We provide fire protection systems, security systems, fire sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, 24-7 monitoring, fire extinguishers, card access and kitchen hoods.